Wednesday, December 19, 2007

El Amor del Salvador


There is a Spanish hymn I really like. It is called "El Amor del Salvador" or "Our Savior's Love."
"Tal como el sol es el amor del salvador
Just like the sun, is the love of our Savior.

Su luz pentra nubes de dolor.
His light penetrates clouds of pain.

Alumbra nuestra via hacia su hogar
Brightens our path towards his home.

y en su mansion podremos descansar.
And in his mansion we will (be able to) rest.

Nos habla su espiritu al corazon.
His spirit speaks to our heart.

es nuestro guia en la afliccion.
Our guide in affliction

Da esperanza ante dudas y temor.
He gives hope over concerns and fear.

Nos une a dios con lazos de amor.
He unites us with God with binding Love."

I really like this song, it helps us remember why our Savior gave his life for us so that we could return to live with our Heavenly Father together with our families. I really can't say that I want anything for Christmas, because my Father in Heaven already gave me my family and my Savior. I guess that is why we celebrate Christmas, so we can give to others, as we try to remember how much we have been given.

Have the best Christmas ever and drink eggnog because it does not exist in Mexico. Love you guys much. Elder Francis



No comments: